Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Electronics

Before going abroad, a good friend of mine who had already studied in Ireland the previous year, offered to let me use her international phone while I was away.  Having a phone here with an Ireland carrier makes it a lot easier to keep in contact with my teachers and fellow house mates.  This generous offer also saved me money, for I did not have to go and buy a new phone.  My only purchase was the plan for the phone, which came out to be 20 euros a month for free texting, internet, calls on the weekend and to anyone else who has the same carrier.  Because I have my both my iphone and computer, I can also keep in contact with friends in family back home with imessage, facebook, whatsapp and other applications that can be used as long as I have a wifi connection.  Every building on campus, including the building we are living in, has a connection. The only time I use my international phone is when I leave campus, and some establishments also have a wifi connection the public is allowed to access.  So far, keeping in contact with everyone has not been as hard as I thought it would be.     

No comments:

Post a Comment