Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Support

Having a good support system at home has made this trip possible, but having a good support system while abroad has made this experience and transition to a foreign country much easier.  Eric, our academic advisor, has been very helpful with anything pertaining to school.  While we have someone to help us with school , we also have someone who makes sure we are getting along well with living in a foreign place, with foreign people.  Sister Mary has gone above and beyond making sure we are well taken care of and feel at home.  She checks in with everyone as often as she can, has made herself available to us whenever we may need her, and is like a mother away from home to all of us. 
All my professors are very accommodating as well.  Unlike at home, people do not change classes after the first semester and some people have had the same people in their class since freshmen year.  Sometimes a previous class they were all required to take is referenced in class and because I was not in that class, I may not make the connection.  All my teachers made sure to let me know that if I didn't understand something or needed extra help out of class, they are available.  Although I do not have a favorite teacher, I do have a favorite class.  My abnormal psych class has never failed to grasp my attention, and I believe I have retained more from that class than any other class.  However, overall I do enjoy all my classes and all the people who have made this journey much more enjoyable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment