Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Landmarks

Carlow is full of historical landmarks, including the very building we attend classes in. One of my favorite places is a landmark we have learned about recently.  During the Carlow rebellion, there was a brutal battle that took place on the street adjacent to our school, named Tullow Street.  Hundreds of people died on the street I walk up and down almost everyday.  It is amazing living in such a historical town and learning about the history that surrounds us. 
As far as my favorite field trip, it would have to be the trip to Glendalough.  The scenery was absolutely beautiful.  We seen forests with beautiful trees and walked to the top of a waterfall.  We learned legends of the rivers that flowed through the county and what monsters where suppose to have lived there.  I usually do not care much for nature, especially when I am back home, however, Glendalough was not like any other part of nature I have seen.  Overall, it is, so far, one of the most beautiful places I have seen since I have come abroad, and it is definitely a place I would revisit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment